Friday, December 31, 2010

2011



    Well, just in case Madam Vino has all my attention later tonight, I want to wish you all a joyous New Year, I hope you chase down every dream and wish you have for yourself in this new year. Strike that, I meant to say chase it down, club it over its head and drag it home! I have given a little thought about the coming New Year and one of the things I promised myself (besides of course, losing the usual million pounds) is to learn to play the guitar, yep folks you read correctly, play the guitar. Please do not expect to see my name in lights any time…..at all, as I still am only able to carry a tune in the privacy of my shower. Recently, I thought about how often we make promises or resolutions to ourselves that have little to do with the enrichment of our minds and souls. Mine are always, lose weight, make more money, partake in spring cleaning and all that is great but I need to learn something, I need to add to my talents for no one else but myself. And since I just got done chopping all my hair off, what’s left…..??....This year at Christmas my mom received a violin, she has never played a day in her life and now she is learning to play. I guess I could say it was a little inspirational. I am also making a conscience effort to be kinder to everyone even in the face of adversity and trial, I hope we can all do a little more of that as well.  So to all of you, I say this……do exactly what you want this year, know your worth, love those that love you and love those that don't and trust that your path will lead you to such greatness. May your best days of 2010 be your worst days of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment